As we move and look forward, taking our first steps into another year, let us also reflect about the past.
We look back at our past journeys for 2016 and earlier years. We realize the past journeys have been filled with joys and achievements as well as sacrifices.
The sacrifices were made bearable because of the support received and achievements made.
Some highlights from 2016:
- Bisevo (http://www.bisevo.se) continued to contribute financially to provide 25 children in Uganda with education and a chance to a better life.
- Following a feasibility study, Forum Syd approved co-funding for a two years’ education project to be carried Pajong Parish, Kitgum District in Northern Uganda.
- Kick-off for the project took place in October. Sub-groups were formed to implement the required activities e.g. capacity building, advocacy and baseline surveys.
- Quality education as the starter problem, the project must tackle most of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
- Employees at the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC – http://ecdc.europa.eu/en/Pages/home.aspx) raised funds in their 2015 Christmas raffle in support of the project.
- The funds were used to fund examinations papers and material as well as provide feeding for the pupils during the exams days.
We look forward with joyful Gratitude and Hope for continued support and blessings for 2017 and the years to come.
A big THANK YOU for being with us in 2016 and the past years.
Wishing you a very happy and blessed New Year!